background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SAD Indeed

For a couple of reasons. One, it was Single Awareness Day and two, it is just deplorable that it has been a month since I last posted.




I will focus on what has recently happened (Kim already posted about our geocashing trip)

For Valentine's I was most happy to actually have a valentine. Especially one that I love and care to have. Ironically, we had each made the other a gift. I made Matt a kindle cover out of a hard bound book. It turned out really well, tho I did have to tell him what it was.

The picture is prior to me finishing it. There is a strap that keeps the book closed in addition to the four little ones to hold the kindle in place.

And as I was told I had to give him chocolate, I made the following:


It was a candy-gram and the little saying went in on the one side of the card I made him:


Matt was really good to me. He got me my favorite chocolates to start. When I opened the box I found he had removed some of the chocolates (yes he gave them back to me) and placed in there a hand carved wooden spoon and a poem written by him.
Here he is holding my goodies :-D




It is a love spoon, and we were both surprised to learn that the other knew of what they were. A love spoon is a tradition from Wales. Back in the day a boy would carve a spoon and give it to the girl he hoped to wed (no I am not hinting at anything between me and Matt - we are just dating); if the girl accepted the spoon then they officially became a couple.


What is carved on the spoons symbolize different things. The spoon - providing, heart - love, whee/compass - work/journey, and horseshoe - luck. I love my spoon and feel very spoiled. It now hangs in my kitchen and I hope I get more in the future (*hint, *hint)

And that brings me to now...

Sadly I don't have much to show for today. Just that I made my own kindle pouch:



Yep it is frightful to say the least and will probably fall apart in a few weeks. I didn't fully think before I was cutting so I had to use adhesive fabric tape an Turbo Tacky Glue. Yep, it is doomed.... Oh well. At least it looks cute today. :-D

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts, and the new pictures as well! Looks like the kendell covers turned out great! You are quite the talented person. I love the spoon Matt did for you as well. He also is quite the talented person too! The spoon is really cool!

    ReplyDelete