Tonight I was dragged to a party. Who needs to be dragged to a party though? Laura is a really good friend that just knew I'd hate myself for not going so she insisted. She was right. Church threw us a big birthday bash in honor of the Relief Society turning 170 this month. They decorated for us tables for each month of the year. Each table was decorated differently and all tables had party favors. The ladies that did the decorating did a really good job and went all out. There was a Dr. Seuss table that had these giant cup cakes with characters on them made out of fondunte. I want to know if they were bought at the store or what.
Here are some pictures of the more memorable tables.
Lets see, January had snowmen smores made out of the giant marshmallows.
February was just filled with love.

March had a lady bug theme - complete with lady bug jars.
May had a may pole and flower pots complete with lilies to plant. (I even got to take one home)
July - there were two table for this month. One filled with a firework theme and then the table that I actually sat at - BEACH PARTY!!!! lol we got to take home the martini glasses and the paper boxes filled with M&Ms
August - Ah the INFAMOUS Dr. Seuss table. Everyone loved the cupcakes. They were adorable. Sadly I did not get one of them. (just as well, I probably wouldn't have eaten the cupcake)
September - I loved the giant farris wheel. At this table I made a new friend Collette. She is adorable and gave me one of the favors off of the table. I got a sash that proclaims me the 'Grand Marshall' and a box filled with flavored popcorn.
The other tables that I saw I didn't actually check the months. December was very Christmas like. However there was a soc hop table, and a table with scarecrows. That table had bags made to look like scarecrows filled with potpourri. There was also a table set for a picnic complete with ants and one with flip flops. Really all the tables were different and so very neat.
Overall the dinner was fun and I really enjoyed myself.










Okay, this party sounds like it was awesome! Where are those pictures you promised to post? I'm waiting.....:)
ReplyDeleteYou really weren't kidding when you said they went all out! It looks like it was lots of fun and that there were a lot of cute ideas that one could pick-up from there. Thanks for posting the photos! :)
ReplyDelete