So I have gotten a fairly good start, or so I think. I still have a lot to do. I figured I'd first start by outlining the book. I've put in pictures on about 26 pages and done about eight of Dad's trips. I'm still waiting on pictures from others (Jason, Clint, Kim...hint hint....jk, but only sort of). I figured once I have all the pictures in then I will be ready for the memories from EVERYONE. I'm excited for the memories of the grandkids :-)
In case you didn't get my email let me explain how I hope to divide the book. Dad took tons of pictures of his trips. Sadly all the film pictures weren't really organized by date. Also most of the hiking pictures from the film days didn't have people in them. So the first section of the book will be of the scanned pictures and I'll divide up the pictures by area. So there will be a section of the Crags, Sawtooths, White Clouds, etc.
The second section (and the part I'm working on currently) will be when we switched to the digital age. These trips will be devided by the trip.
The third section will be non hiking/camping trips. These will include some of the slideshow from the funeral, the pillow fight Dad had at Jeff's with the grandkids, floating the river (Mom if you'd resend me some pictures? there were a couple you sent me after the funeral and I've lost them), etc.
As there are far more pictures then room in the book (I estimate that the book will be 200 pages and cost $124.00), I will be burning DVDs of all the pictures for anyone that would like them. You do not have to purchase a book to get a DVD. Just let me know what you'd like.
I will be putting pictures of more than just Dad in the book. He doesn't need to be in the picture to qualify for the book. Please send any pictures you want in the book and any memories you have.
***************IMPORTANT*********** If you have a favorite picture that you would be very disappointed that didn't make it into the book PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know which picture it is and I'll make sure it is in the book. :-)
And now what you've been waiting for. Here are the pages I have outlined thus far. Please forgive the image quality as I couldn't save a preview file so had to take pictures with my phone of my computer screen. This is just to give you an idea of the layout thus far. They are taken as if you were looking at an open book. I can still add pages if you have pictures of the trips below, or change out pictures.
2007---Uintas…
Dad, Jeff, Kristy
2008---Escalante…
Dad, Jeff, Jason, Josh, Dillon
2008---Wind
Rivers(Elkhart Park)… Dad, Jeff, Kristy, Kim
2009---Wind
Rivers… Dad, Jeff, Clint, Kristy, Josh
* the right page of the last pic above is: 2010---Copper
Basin day hikes…Dad, Jeff, Jason, Josh, Dillon, Truman
2011---Escalante…Dad,
Mom, Jeff, Michelle, Kristy, Josh, Ali, Nate
2011---White
Clouds…Dad, Jeff, Jason, Kristy, Josh, Dillon
2012---Wind
Rivers…Dad, Jeff, Jason, Josh, Dillon
2012---Arrowhead…Dad,
Matt, Jason, Dillon, Truman














No comments:
Post a Comment