background

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Winners

This weekend has turned out rather awesome. It started out having fun plans made that were changed and then changed again. :-)

We were going to drive to Oregon to see Matt's grandma (she turned 90 on Friday), stay with my friends, and see a bunch of waterfalls. That was plan one and I was super excited for it.

To be nice I'll just say we weren't able to make it afterall. So we planned on going to my family runion. It was an ok plan. No offense but it was just a day thing at the park so not as exciting as seeing to people and places.

Friday morning I keep getting these texts from Mom saying what winners they were. They were going to Yellowstone and we're playing the trivia games on the radio. The kids were the ones winning.

Josh won first with the question: these are the dirtiest things you use every day. Answer: shoes. The next question Ali got. It was: medically 3 out of 4 people don't do this and should. Answer: use sunscreen. Well the radio has this policy that family members can't win. Josh already won so Ali couldn't get her prize. Grandma to the rescue. She calls in and give the answer then gives her maiden name. The kids won loto tickets and entry into a drawing for cash.

That's all exciting, better then being at wirk. Well I get this call from Michelle. She was playing too. She was the 20th caller and the winner for 2 concert tickets to see Due West and Ty Herndon that night in Blackfoot. She couldn't use her name so had used mine. They also weren't going to be back in time for the concert so was giving them to me. Awesome!

Matt was so excited. Neither of us knew the groups playing but we lived that it was free.we arrived at the auditorium and the parking lot was fairly empty. Not a good sign and I thought we were running late. Well we were 30 min early for once. I turned around from getting the tickets to see someone talking to Matt. The guy was with the band and had selected us to meet the band before the show and gave me a shirt. Matt and I felt kind of bad that we didn't know either band but didn't say no to the short or chance to meet them.

The music was ok. Due West Matt really liked and wanted to buy their CDs. Ty sang really old songs. They were good just really old. Overall it was a great start to the weekend.

Saturday Matt and I drove to Idaho Falls for the family reunion. We left earlish so we could do some shopping. I know shocking. Mom called three times to my cell then to Matt's. She had left the crockpot at home. I think she was surprised that we were already in IF.

The reunion was a lot of fun. We visited with everyone, ate great food, heard about a couple of our ancestors and played lots of games. Let's see the kidos made things out of marshmallows and toothpicks, played kickball, we had a water balloon launcher, water fights, family football, and a few others. It was really fun and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

As for my shopping I came home with a brand new hiking pack. I love my new toy and stayed up quite late playing with it. It fits me way better then my old one and I can't wait to go on a trip!!

Matt and I ended our weekend with a visit to his brother in Utah. Lyman is one of my favorites. Maybe that's because he also loves books and has read more then me? We had lunch and just visited with him. It was so great to see him and spend that time with him as he is getting married and moving to California at the end of the month.

Well that was my way awesome weekend. I can't wait till next weekend; we're going to Yellowstone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment