That's what I kind of thought. So having had a bad day followed by some disappointment, I agree to go with my besty to our usual parking spot at Sonic. We always go for cream slushies, conversation, and to get out of the house. Mainly we go just to be with each other and talk about everything.
So what was different tonight? There was the disconnect that we've had ever since I was replaced. Guess that is what happens you when you disappear for two weeks. I wouldn't be disappointed, sad, or even miffed if it was such a 180 from her feelings before.
See she used to dread seeing my replacement, agreed with me that he was a lazy prick. A cheating one at that. She didn't like that he was in nearly all her classes and that he wanted to go through grad school together. She felt like she was doing all the work on the assignments....you get the picture...
Then her car explodes, she's sick, she's tired, I'm in another town unable to drive (and slightly unwilling to lend out my boyfriend - sorry but I'm a little selfish), and he comes to her rescue. Now he is her knight in shining armor. She likes going to class with him; thinks is a really nice guy. She goes on about how close they have become, and that he is her "Booth," only without all that love and junk....or so she says. Yeah keep telling yourself that sweetheart, cause like or not you are in a relationship with him.
Did I mention that he is engaged? Yep, engaged. Though he is having doubts....My point still being that weather she would want to date him or not is kind of mute when they kind of are. So where does his wife-to-be fit in all this? How does she feel?
If it were me I'd be telling my honey that he would be doing his studying alone or finding a new group. Turns out there are some jealousy issues. I was told tonight that wife-to-be has become very possessive when others are around her and her man. You go girl, kick the home wrecker to the curb.
The sad thing is that my besty thinks that wife-to-be is being completely unreasonable. Thinks that it is alright for my replacement to flirt outrageously with anything in a skirt; that it isn't right for wife-to-be to expect/demand any sort of change in that behavior as it is very much who this man is.
OH PA-A-LEASE!
That is a load of crap if ever I have heard one. The final blow came tonight when I was told, "after all Kristy, you still flirt too." Like I would ever flirt with anyone to the point that I am asked to sleep with them. And I would certainly never work to win back a flirt after they found out that I am engaged. (both of which, my replacement has done.)
*Sigh should have wallowed in self-pity alone. Friends who needs them?
Kristy I still love you snd others do as well! Keep your chin up! You are a good friend. Maybe someday she will realize you are not so stupid after all. You can call me anytime! Love ya tons!
ReplyDelete