background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bad Experiance

I had a bad experience with the Tire Factory in Blackfoot, ID. My dad has always done with business with them and so when I needed new tires I went there too (even though I live 30 min away). 5,000 miles later about to do my rotation when my dad tells me that the tire's aren't wearing properly. There had been no pull in my car and I drive one mile to and from work a day. I hadn't hit any potholes, at least no creators.


My dad told me to go in and speak with the owner as they were friends and I would be treated right. Yeah I was treated like a kid. I went in and just explained the situation, that I had bought the tires from them and an alignment at the same time and that there was some uneven wear and wanted to know what had happened. The owner immediately went off with ever excuse from me hitting a pot hole, to needing to have my car scanned for a proper alignment (then why'd they align my car in the first place?) and that I must have hit something on my trip to Escelante, UT (500 mi one way trip), and repeatedly that it was my fault.


They showed me the scan on my car, front end should have both tires at 10 degrees. The drivers side was at 43 and the passenger's side was at 65. I asked the mechanic if that kind of wear on the tires could have happened in the trip down and back. I was told no. The mechanic's opinion was that I had not hit a pot hole but that the alignment hadn't been done correctly.


I tried talking with the owner again. Saying, that I just wanted to understand. The owner told me that I needed to calm down and that I needed to fix my bad attitude before he would talk to me again. It wasn't till I was talking on my phone to my dad, with other customers in the store, that the situation got fixed. The owner did get me new tires but it came with a 15 min lecture on how I needed to learn the proper way to talk with people and that he was only giving me the tires because of my dad and that I was still the cause of the damage to the tires in the first place.


While I would let the mechanic work on my car anytime in the future I will never do business in that store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment