So it isn't quite spring but is sure acting like it today and I think it is close enough to let it count. :-)
The last part of winter just seemed to drag. It was dark, cold and lonely. I missed seeing everyone's posts and checked almost daily for new news. Then I realized this morning that I myself haven't posted in a long, long, long, long time. So here I am.
News for me and Matt...hmm....well I am almost done with our wedding album. Just waiting on the photographer to give the final draft to approve. Then it will be done and I will have my picture cds and book. This means I can then print out pictures for my house, the calendar I made for Matt for Valentine's Day, the pictures I want to give to my mom and our grandparents, and I can finally get the images to my brothers as well so that they can print what they want. Yep that will feel very nice.
Though I haven't waited on my wedding pictures to hang some in my house. I hung up all the pictures Matt and I had from our single lives. I was inspired when I saw my friend Laura's house. She had all of her wedding pictures up in her place. Very cute and put me to shame. So now my house feels a little more homey. :-)
I have gotten the slideshow pictures form my dad's funeral uploaded online. I tried to share it and I failed. But I will try again tonight or in the next few days...I have also startd scanning the camping, backpacking, fishing pictures my dad took and that we took of him. Des and I plan on making a big photo book this year. I wonder if 200 pages will be enough space? We may need to go to 300 or more. Waiting to heard from Des her thoughts on this.
The book is going to be a keepsake. I plan on doing an introduction about my dad, his love of nature and all the stories he has given us. I will include pictures he had taken of the area, pictures we (myself and siblings) have taken of him and others on our travels. I plan on also getting stories and memories form everyone to put in the book as well. Finally, I will burn all the pictures I have (as they won't all fit into one book) to DVDs. Come Christmas, I hope, anyone that wants one will be able to order a book. Des and I have quite the work cut out for us....
Matt and I almost bought a car. It was a pretty thing, a Prius and we both loved it. Sadly our car dealer lied to us on the price among other things so we had to give it back. We both find it suspicious that the day we re-traded the cars my Acura lost it's transmission....yeah....So it is parked till we can afford to get it fixed. Thankfully we had the third car of Matt's and it was even ensured last month.
I won a bet with Matt. Though he doesn't know it quite yet. He didn't believe that the clocks jump ahead tonight. What do I win? I get a dishwasher for a week. I am thrilled!! and I plan to put my dishwasher to good use. I made yogurt today, will make cookies and have a lot of messy/yummy dinners planed this week.
With the coming of spring and summer, I have been reflecting on all that I want to do this year. I wn to get the photobook done, my quilt finished, camping, hiking, etc. I want to work out more (try to get in shape; being thin does't mean you are in shape or healthy), read my scriptures more, build up a food storage, see family and friends. Have a yard sale to get rid of all mine and Matt's old junk from before we were married. I have two couches I want to make slip covers for, a chair to recover, another blog I want to start posting pictures too. I want to try to distress some furniture. I have a friend on Facebook that does it and I think I can learn how. I think it would be super neat if my love for crafty/domestic things could see it's way to making me money ;-) I want to write a book (have a great story idea in my mind and Matt has been pestering m to write it), go see the Wave in Utah/Arizona. And my list just gets longer and longer...
No, I don't have New Year's Resolutions, I have just been bitten with this bug called Spring. I love it and can't wait to see what all comes of it, Summer and Fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment