background

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Training

This past week I was given the opportunity to go to Boise to be trained for payroll. It was a really good experience over all. Though, there are stories to tell.

Sunday Matt and I left for Boise. It is so nice that he is able to take off whenever he wants to be with me. The plan was to leave by 3 pm. We left town at 2:45. Yep for once we were leaving early. I was so happy! Our first stop was to take Sandy to Shelly to be watched by some friends. We were by Massacre Rocks when we get a text from Sandy's sitters to let us know we had forgotten the food and her pills. We had to turn back around. We didn't get to the motel until 10:30. it was a very long drive and we were exhausted.

The next couple of days were filled with training. I had a blast. Monday and Tuesday were long days and I just wanted to veg. It was my first time doing payroll and I had a lot to learn. I am not a mathematician but I really like this aspect of my job. I like the numbers. I was also able to learn a few things for my office buddies that they had asked, and I was able to hear some of the companies goals and plans for this year.

Matt took me to this fabulous restaurant called Barbacoa's. It was so expensive but so worth it. I had this amazing salad that they prepared by grilling it and the duck. The dinner is below.

Matt had the Latin steak.
The place is also an art gallery and everything is on sale. One of the coolest things was the big light int he middle of the room. It was wispy and magical. Though I think it was supposed to look like antlers.


Here is the entrance of the place.

















It was close enough to my birthday so they brought me this: It was fresh made cotton candy. It was a huge pillar dusted with powder sugar and well you can see the chocolate swirls...

This is the inside. That's right, they stuck a candle in the middle of it. It came out all glowing. And the candle was held up by some yummy fudgey chocolately stuff. It was heaven.




The last day I finished up training early so Matt took me shopping at Vanity. He spoiled me outrageously. I got pants, shirts, two pairs of boots....I don't know how much I spent but man I had fun. Today it was hard to decide what to wear as I had so many new options!

Because we stopped at Vanity we were late leaving Boise. Mom wanted us to stop in Blackfoot. We did, and I got my birthday gift from her. I got some warm boots that are cute and functional and a black skirt. I was definitely spoiled. Thanks guys!

In the end it was another long drive as we stayed too long at Mom's. We got home around 2 am....yep I'm ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment