background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas

Yep I'm late and no pictures (don't ask).

We went to Jackson WY. And by we I mean Matt, Mom, and me. Part way in the trip Jeff and his family joined us. It was so nice to get away, go somewhere different and to have a white Christmas.

Highlights of the trip-

Saturday night we got there late and so went out to the Merry Piglets for dinner. As always they were super yummy and they still have the best salsa.

We talked Mom into snowshoeing and went. It was on a groomed trail that Sandy (out dog) was able to be on. It was all covered in white and so peaceful. We spent a couple hours but only went about 2 miles. Sandy kept running up the trail and back to us. She really had a lot of fun. I took a ton of pictures. And we found a hill that would be perfect for sledding. Kim ran through the snow – it was very entertaining. Oh and we almost got lost. A trail sign was down and moved off the road. Luckily the trails are well liked and we were straightened out by someone.

Sledding. Here we talked Kim into going. We started out in the parking lot for the hiking trails. We stayed there on a hill for a little bit. Everyone but Ali had fun. My niece is terrified of dogs all sizes, on leash and off. In the parking lot there were tons of dogs. Eventually we moved off to the hill we had scouted out the day before. There were less dogs (mainly Sandy), less people, and the hill was bigger though not steeper. We did end up with a few good runs down the hill. I beat Kim in her bet that she could beat me down the hill, and I sled farther then anyone. To be fair you couldn't slide much further without going over the cliff into some trees and the river below. What's sledding without a chance of bodily harm?

Movie night – my nephews invited me over for popcorn and Rio. It was fun to sit on the couch with them.

Hot chocolate. Seriously the hotel has some of the best hot chocolate of anywhere. It was so yummy and good. I had some almost every night and morning and oh yeah during the day. It was really cold (we got snow two of the nights).

Town square lights. Town square is one of the very few places that has lights put up. Seriously there aren't very many lights at all on any of the houses. Only we went when it was frigged. I didn't think I'd ever get warm again. But is was fun to see and relaxing to walk around. (It helped that we had a nice hot tub waiting for us when we got back)

Hot tubing. We went every night. It was so great to relax and soak for an hour or so. Kim had access to a hot tub on another property which was a good thing cause the one where we were staying was down for cleaning the whole time. Everyone loved going and soaking and the kids loved that there was a pool for them to play in. We saw some interesting people....it reminded me of Denny's when all the crazies come out at 2 o'clock. They usually aren't the brightest and their manner of dress...well getting dressed in the dark would be an improvement.

The last day we spent there (Matt and myself) we went and viewed wildlife on the elk refuge. We started with the bighorn sheep. I had so much fun getting pictures. Matt had fun getting the jeep stuck. Luckily someone offered and helped tow him out. We then went on the other side and looked at buffalo. Yep we were real tourists. By that time it was dark and getting into the evening so Matt and I took off for home. We had to drive in 4wheel most the way. It was a very long long drive. I don't know how it got so long...

It was just so nice to go and make some memories. Life really does go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment