Yep, Matt and I had a fire. I went to work on Monday for my first day of work and when I left I learned that there had been a fire. Now I've been on such an emotional high since Thursday, June 20th, when I left my old job, that I didn't even care much about the fire.
So here is all the good that has happened. I left a job that didn't value or appreciate me. I now work as a receptionist for the department of juvenile corrections. The pay is more, I get full benefits, paid holidays, paid vacations, sick days, and I get to work with professionals. That is probably the best part. I am valued and I am treated like an adult that does work that matters. No more being told I don't do enough.
First day on the job I was taken around to meet people that I would be working with. And that's about it. Pretty cool first day huh? The people in my office are really cool and I can't wait to get to know them better.
Second day on the job. The office and myself went up to St. Anthony. I met more of the staff, did paperwork. Then we all played water balloon volleyball. My team lost twice. But it was still nice. We had team shirts and everything. :-)
The third day I was back in St. Anthony - more paperwork/training. Then in the afternoon they had a social. Good food and conversation, AND a raffle. I put in for it and I actually won! :-) I won a bistro set - a table and two chairs, for my patio. Matt was thrilled.
Needless to say I am loving my new job and the people I work with.
Now back at the ranch, we had this fire. The fire started in the storage unit right next to ours. The police and fire department think it was set intentionally. Firefighters responded right away and it was out in 15 min. Only part of out side burned, but there was a lot of smoke damage. The building is old and built right on the property line so it will have to be torn down and can't be built in the same spot.
So where is all the good in that? I'll tell you. Matt. Yep my husband. He worked for a cleaning and restoration service for awhile. He knows how to clean the stuff, what can be cleaned and what has to be thrown away. He spent the week dealing with the fire and our insurance (another bright spot), Everything has been hauled off to be cleaned and we are just waiting on the insurance company to tell us how much money we get back.
Need I mention, that I had been wanting Matt to sort through the stuff for a few months now? Bright spot number three - now he doesn't have to. And now I don't have to have a yard sale. Which, lets face it, I'm far to busy for that stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment