Matt had his birthday July 6th (what can I say? I've been busy). I planned a very special trip for him. His one wish was to wake up and go fishing on his birthday.
Friday night he came home and all our bags were packed and the car loaded. The reservation had been made. We'd be camping at the warm river campground.
But before we could leave he had a present to open first. I had gotten him a record player to replace is broken one. I had ordered it on Amazon and it came almost the next day. It had been sitting, wrapped in funnies for three weeks. When he opened it, he was super excited and had to try it out. We didn't get to the campground till well after dark.
Warm river is an interesting camping place. It is really like a big field. No real privacy, and the tent sites were all walk in. So you parked in the lot and hauled all your stuff over. It was very odd.
Matt spent a few hours fishing before breakfast. Afterward we loaded up and I took him into the next surprise: Yellowstone. He had never been and even though it rained on us we saw some wonderful things. He even came up with a list of things to do and see for the next three trips. I guess it's a good thing I bought that year pass.
Coming home from the park we stopped at my Aunt Karla's to buy their act unit. It was brand new in the box. Best 50.00 we ever spent! It sure keeps the house cool. Well it kept the living room down to 70 it 75. But the older one we have doesn't do that well so now the new one is in our room. :-) it is nice and chilly in there and our living room is now 80. I'm ok with this as I need sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment