background

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

To Can or Not to Can

Looking at my pantry I can see just how much I've done. When I think what I have left to do though, well it's a bit overwhelming.

Thus far is have done up 8 quarts cherry syrup, 67 pints beans, 4 qts beans, 6 qts apple pie filling, 12 half pints raspberry jam, 5 pints raspberries, 20 head or so of garlic, 3 bags frozen rhubarb, 4 bags frozen raspberries.

Now what I have left to do: carrots, peaches, pears, pear jam, plum jam, peach plum jam, pear honey, freeze peaches, freeze corn.

And I'd like to make hot pepper jelly and some salsa. Not sure if I will do those though. So far this year I've bought some jars and a few raspberries. Everything else has come from the garden or been given me....and I'm tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment