Well, most of you have heard by now about the crazy rain and flash flooding we had Friday afternoon. When it was pooring down I didn't think anything about flooding. The underpass I drive is this tunnel under traintracks. Its clearance is just over 12 fee and it was almost filled with water.
Our house didn't have any water in the basement, but some of his coworkers had plenty of water. Matt, the amazing man that he is, made the rounds checking on everyone. There were a lot of people boating in streets, swimming and playing. He did find a flooded basement and we set in to help.
When he left had had dug a new window well, water was cleaned up and fans set to dry the walls. He then picked up some sandbags in case there was a need for them in the ward.
It was late enough that we decided not to go camping. Instead we had tomato soup and cheese sandwiches.
Saturday came early. We headed up to lava to meet up with Matt's work. We were a bit late getting up there but still in plenty of time for breakfast. Only one of three grills was working. My little one that Dad had given me smiled them out. They think there was something dead in it when they started it up. I wasn't surprised cause I hadn't used it in two years. And Matt's big one was lit but not getting hot hot. We've been using charcoal cause that's what Matt likes. I felt bad that they weren't working like they wanted. But what you going to do?
After breakfast we went ziplining. It was a bunch of fun. I surprised the guys in charge of it. They didn't think that I'd make it to the end of the line. Boy did I fly down the line though. I even spun upside down a bit. It was exhilarating. We went five times. Three on the shorter run and twice on the longer faster one. (Everyone in the group felt it should've been divided differently, we loved the fast line).
By this time we were hot, sweaty, and hungry. We ate pizza then some of us headed to the river. It was rather low, so I was happy (less chance of tipping over). We went over some waterfalls, and the rapids and had a good old time. Some in our group did get tipped but they still had a lot of fun. We were in a big four person tube and almost tipped over but that was because of the stupid drunk people ahead of us. They got stuck in some rocks and didn't clear out just say there. We came up behind and then there was another group behind us. We were sandwhiched and started to tip. But we made it out ok.
The rest of the night was spent around the campfire, eating, and visiting. It was a very full day.
No comments:
Post a Comment