background

Monday, September 9, 2013

One Year

We made it a year.

It was a hard year at times. We both learned and grew and worked really hard. It was so worth it. I love my husband more every day. Already I can't imagine life without him.

For our anniversary Matt had wanted to surprise me with tickets to a play in the Salt Lake area. He didn't have any luck finding any. By the time he told me about his plan the shows I was interested in were sold out. So he bought me tickets to a play next month. I'm really excited that they are bought and paid for. It is a free date next month!

So what we ended up doing was going to Idaho Falls for the day. No complaints here. We slept in and ambled on up to the great land of IF. Matt turned off his phone for the day. It was literally just me and him all day long. We started with a motorcycle ride on the bike he most wants to own. It was a lot of fun and I hope to one day surprise him with the bike. Those of you interested in his dream bike, I think it is Yamaha Raider 2012 (the one with orange paint, brown leather, and tons of chrome). This bike is perfect for Matt as it takes someone with long legs to sit comfortably on it.

We stopped for lunch at Mongolian Grill (it was fabulous), followed by a trip to a camera shop for me. The guy on the phone had told Matt that they are the only dealers of Canon. What a joke! They didn't have hardly anything. Might I also add that I have never been treated like such a novice in my entire life? The guy was just plain rude and very unapproachable. Needless to say, I will wait to really talk shop with someone in Utah during my free date.

We spent the rest of the time shopping, using up the last gift cards form our wedding. (We were given some for stores only in IF). We got a cheese grater, a vegetable peeler, and a meat mallet. The peeler is awesome!!! I can peel in both directions (totally helpful with my latest zucchini project). We also got new pillows. I am absolutely in love with them! Final items; I got Matt a new snazzy watch and he got me a jacket from Vanity. Yep he spoils me.

We ended the afternoon with a viewing of the Lone Ranger. I loved it, so did Matt. It made me think of my dad and how he like the Lone Ranger. He would've loved the show too. Final stop of the evening was dinner at Olive Garden.

It was a very satisfying and enjoyable day. 

P.S. Yes we ate the stupid cake. It was pretty good actually. Not terribly soggy. Des you did a great job making it. Mom thanks for saving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment