background

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bounty

I have been very blessed this year in the generosity of my friends, family and even strangers. My canning isn't done, though I can almost see the end, but I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to those that have helped me.

Matt and I wouldn't have been able to can half as much without the help. We have been given jars, fruit and even space and water for a garden. My mom has watched over thd garden and alerted us when things were ready to harvest. She helped harvest and shuck the corn even.

Canning was very important to me and Matt this year. I have wanted food storage for so long now but couldn't seem to build it up. I saw canning as my opportunity to really build the food storage. Because we were given pears, cherries, huckleberries, many jars, and even peaches, we didn't spend as much money as I had anticipated. And so we were able to buy a few more things, like tomatoes, and can even more.

I learned a lot about canning this year. My list was impressive and next year is even more so. I hope to get into a rotation so I can the same amount every year but different things. Like canning enough peaches for two years and then canning pears the following year.

Again I am grateful for all the help I've been given. When I am mostly finished I'll try to remember to post pictures of all the goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment