So I had decided to retract my notice at the start of this week. Reasons to follow. And today I was reminded why I need to get another job and made me really really regret my decision.
A couple of days after I turned in my notice we were all hauled in for a meeting with the corporate people. We were told that our call center was going to be closed as of Jan 15th. We were told that no one wanted us as a call center. Boy there's an ego boost for you. Best part is that they had sent people from our center to train and open a new call center - our replacements - ouch.
Options we were given were to try a work from home (yeah, I bet that never happens as they didn't have any info on it and as it is t.p.), or ride it out and collect unemployment.
....hmmm....At this point I was glad that I had turned in my notice. I felt better for having made the decision then having it made for me. Well Matt and I talked about it a lot. Pros and cons. We had decided that I would still quit. Only I had to be me and keep stressing about money and what I would do next. (My hours aren't all that great for finding another job - and Telehell has ruined me for any sort of customer service work). So Monday I retracted.
*Sigh
So work is launching a new system for viewing accounts, and since I retracted I had to be trained on it this past week. I loved the new system it is very streamlined and intuitive. I was promised great things by this system....yep you heard it....this is the big BUT and the reminder of why I should have kept quiet and quit.
I show up today, my first day in the new system. I was actually excited. Sadly the rest of the floor wasn't My team lead especially wasn't. I was on the floor for 10 min and here she comes over complaining about agents and the system and that she doesn't know anything and that if she doesn't see our search e4ngine up she isn't helping and on and on and on. Yep, it's unprofessional to say the least and it doesn't help anyone. And nope she does this regularly - not that anyone in that place cares.
So I get this call shortly after. Now in training I was promised that everything was automated for phone swaps. Well that was a lie. I ended up doing three swaps for a customer and losing their walkie talkie numbers on all three lines. OOOPS! So I start asking people around me how to fix it.
Their only solution go back into the old system, swap every line back to the old phones, recover the numbers, swap back to the new phones in the old system and program the phones. A simple process that should have taken me 20 min tops ended up taking over an hour. Yes I was frustrated and I said something about the training we had received or the system itself - no sure which.
Well my illustrious team lead comes over at that point and in front of my coworkers gives me a lecture on being negative. Tells me that "You can't expect the system to think for you if you weren't smart enough to add the correct code during the swap..." then without giving me any solution walks away.
...Yep that place can burn to hell for all I care.
To top it off my supervisor comes over and lectures me - again in front of my coworkers - on what had happened and about using the old system. I tried to tell her what had happened from my perspective, but that didn't work well. I still had a customer yacking in my ear wanting to know why I was incompetent and why the swaps weren't finished yet. I didn't feel I could talk to her anyway as she made it clear she had already decided that I was in the wrong and all that had happened was that Raechel told me to not be negative on the call floor.
Yeah. They can jump off a cliff both of them.
So I'll see if tomorrow is any better and look for a job over the weekend. I'll also try talking to the center manager about what had happened. If it's no better then Monday will find me other places then at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment