background

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Relieved

Forgive the many errors that are sure to be in this post. I'm writing from my phone and hope trust when I'm done I'll be able to sleep. Sunday ended badly for me. I had a migraine from you know where and it hurry so much trust it woke me up many times in the night. This morning (Monday) I woke up with it still. In the end I called into work sick. Note work has a point system in place and you don't acutely talk to a live person when you call in. I was ok on points so didn't think anything more about it. I went back to sleep. Three hours later I wake up to three missed calls from work and a threatening voicemail. The message said that I'm not allowed to call in sick and that I 'need to do the smart thing.' I text a coworker to see what's going on. Come to find out that Mondays are blackout and have been for sometime. I'm thinking where have I been this whole time? And I know I've called off on a Monday before and they never said anything. I try to call my supervisor but she doesn't take my call. I should point out here that normally when they do blackouts they announce it and have us sign papers. They make us sign weekly (or have in the past for weekends). No supervisor or manager ever announced to me that Mondays were to be blackout and I never signed a sheet for it either. I didn't bother talking to the manager that left the message cause she is about as feeling as a sack of rocks...and about as useful to. Instead I text Matt. He calls, I cry, he says go ahead and give your notice. He drives home with some pain meds for me, and as he walks in the door I hear him on the phone. He had called my manger. I really do love this man. He said he'd have gone in person to talk to her but knew she was on a secured floor. Basically she wouldn't tell him anything about me, but did say I wouldn't be fired for calling in. He did call her on her threating voicemail, and how other agents there have more points then me. She refused to talk. So I didn't go in but did give my two weeks notice. I'm tired of going to work scared that I'm going to be fired for something and I'm tired of the bs. It really is all about who you know. Its worse then highschool. I'm also tired of having managers treat me and giving me help (like they are being paid to do) is a burden. Really were don't tolerate bullies in school and I'm no longer going to put up with them at work. They have made it unhealthy to work there. I don't know where I'm going to work, I have no other job lined up and no money coming in. Yet for all that I am relived that my sentence there is near an end.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...it didn't save my paragraphs. Oh well I'll fix it later. Night!

    ReplyDelete