background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past couple of days have been eventful to say the least. Friday night I had a Relief Society thing to attend. It was called Fabulous Friday. I made some fridge magnets and then I made this holiday sign. It is two blocks one slightly smaller then the second one. They sit one on top of the other. One side says Give and Thanks and the other says Merry Christmas. 

I had signed up to take a soup. As I had a lot of potatoes and was feeling lazy, I made a potato soup. It turned out ok.

Saturday Matt and I were to go to Blackfoot early and dig carrots for canning. Matt wanted to go mountain biking though so the canning go pushed back a little bit. I get a call from him; he tells me he is about to head home and that he hurt his arm a little bit in a fall. When he walks in the door he is holding his arm to the side of his body not moving it.Then I get the full story. He fell with his arms out in front of him and he heard a 'crunch.' It all just really hurt so it is hard to tell what is wrong. Today he is doing much better.

Well we go to Blackfoot, have lunch at Rupe's with Mom (have to build up strength for the work ahead). Mom and I dig a paper bag full of carrots and three grocery sacks full as well. We still left many more int he ground. It took FOREVER to scrub and cut and and can them. My hands are still stained yellow/orange. We ended up with 46 jars, and still had a sack of carrots we had dug. We were out of jars, and lids, and we were just tired for the night.

Today Matt and I drove down to his nieces baby blessing (I made another soup for the luncheon). Everyone got lost (except us) on the way to the church. As it was Matt and I made it just in time to hear the blessing from the foyer. Sadly one set of parents missed the event entirely. Afterward we had a fun time chatting with family and eating good food.

I think that rounds out the weekend...oh, yeah. I almost forgot one bit of sad news. Matt has lost his kindle. He thinks he set it on the roof of the car before we left. We didn't hear anything slide off and we drove back around to look for it. No kindle to be found anywhere on the road, in the house or in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment