I'd like to take a moment to say that my photographer did an amazing job. She got a ton of pictures - I only have 1,001 to sort through. That being said, I'll still want copies from my sis-in-law Des. Photographers don't really know who the family is and so they can't always get all the little moments. There were little moments gotten of friends' kids and people I and Matt aren't sure of. From what Des posted on her blog she had some amazing pictures of my family that I just want.
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for here are the pictures of the wedding with commentary by me. (Please keep in mind there has been no editing done on the pictures so they don't look as clean as they will when everything is ready for printing).
The ceremony took place in the Blackfoot 3rd ward building. This was the building I grew up in and it felt like 'home.' Right after the ceremony - which I feel I should point out, did start on time (and here I had planned on it starting late) - we all headed outside for pictures. My best friend growing up, Angie, made sure she was the first in line. It was so good to see her and to remember the good times we had. Her visit was by far too short. I hope we can get together in the future for a trip or something.
Us and our attendants. I just love how Matt looks in his tux and that we match!!!
My Bridesmaids. Laura is on the far left. I met her in Pocatello. I first met her sister and then when Laura got home from her mission in Germany we met and became very good friends. She was my Relief Society President and rigged the visiting teaching such that she and I we always partners and that we always visited the same girls. (She also got married in October). Kim was my maid of honor. She is my sister and has been a friend to me during times when I had no friends. I love her dearly and it meant the world for me that she was there. Rachel, on the far right, is a friend from college. We roomed together only one semester. I only wish we had met sooner. She and I would go for walks where we would find who knows what. But it was always fun and always an adventure. She was probably the first person I had met that reminded me of what Anne (in Anne of Green Gables) meant meant when she said she wanted a bosom friend.
Me and Kim
Matt and his men. Lyman is on the left. He is Matt's brother. He is a big teddy bear - so nice and he has a sense of humor. Jordy is on the right. He is a long time friend and lives in Shelly. Both Matt and I adore him and his family. In fact Matt maybe going fishing with them this afternoon.
Us and our parents.
One thing that has always been a must for me is to have my grandma come to my wedding. As I got older, I worried that for one reason or another she wouldn't come. I was thrilled when she told me she would be there. I had always dreamed of my wedding and in those dreams she was there. I love her and it really made my day that she shared in it.
No wedding would be complete without family pictures. This is Matt's family.
The reception took place at a family friend's house. The Inskeeps were nice enough to open up their home and their yard for the event. This is where we oped for my family's pictures (Mom wanted to update the one on her wall). There are a ton of pictures and none have been edited. I just selected one at random to show.
During this time my brothers all decided to have their individual family portraits done as well. They turned out super cute. I didn't post them here cause, well, I didn't. I would like to point out the fabulous skirts that all my nieces are wearing. They were made by the talented Jill Reading. They are stinking cute and I love that the ties for the nephews all matched too.
Our refreshments were as you see. What you don't see is the chocolate fountain everything got dunked in.
My mom made a ton of cookies. I really liked the gingersnaps covered in chocolate.
One of my favorite pieces was my wishing tree. It is a Dutch custom. The two trees are two lives and the branches symbolize our lives becoming one. Guests write wishes on tags and hang them on the tree. I loved reading the wishes and advice. It was so much fun.
I couldn't post this without posting about the many quilts I got. From my mom I had a few. One that took her a long time to make was a cross stitched tulip one - she even did pillows (you can see one). She also took this old quilt of her mothers and broke it down. It was a quilt of hand painted dolls. It had gone through a fire and a flood. She cut out the blocks and made me and my sister a quilt each. Then from Grandma Reading I got a complete surprise. She had made a quilt when she was ten and she also had cut out the blocks and made me a quilt as well. (We tagged all the quilts. Now what had happened was that I had helped create the tags. My mom had to hide the fact that my grandma made one so after the quilts were tagged we had to relabel her quilt)
Here are our rings!
And my bouquet.
I liked the back of my dress. It even busseled up nicely too.
Finally, we get to the cake. Des made it and I think she did a fabulous job. Michelle helped decorate it too. I think it looks so pretty. It was how I wanted it. It looks so pretty. And I didn't have the traditional topper. (I think they are so...well best not to say how I feel about them)
It was supper yummy too. I really appreciate all the work Des did in making the cakes.
Now when we were cutting the cake I was letting Matt know in no uncertain terms that I didn't want my face covered in cake. Hey is much bigger then me. I wouldn't stand a chance against him. He was very nice to me. Afterward he realized that I still had to feed him and that I may not be so nice. Now up to this point I hadn't decided what I was going to do. But then something got into me.
He mostly missed; I didn't.
There was a lot going on at the wedding. We did the usual flower toss and garter toss. That was so funny and still has me laughing to this day. Lyman lifted my nephew, Nate up and he caught the garter. Right away the older boys tried to get it from him. They were running around and fighting over the thing. As if that wasn't enough, Nate 'wins' and then he is told what he just won. He couldn't get rid of the garter fast enough.Well that concludes the wedding. Below will be pictures of me and Matt taken around the Inskeep's prior to the reception starting. It will end with a couple of pictures of our first dance. Enjoy!
Our song was I won't give up by Jason Mraz. It was perfect for us.
















































I think those are amazing! I loved how everything came together, what a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThanks Des. I agree everything came together beautifully. Thanks again for all your help. :-)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete