background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Much Ado

So much has happened in the past few weeks I can hardly believe it. I figure I'll get this posted and try to upload pics later. :-)

Let's see. My Christmas, though spent away from family wasn't spent alone. Matt and I had a wonderful time. Christmas Eve Matt locked me in my room while he wrapped presents. I must say that I was very spoiled this year! After the wrapping we spent the evening talking and sitting by the tree. It was so very peaceful.

Christmas day dawned bright and early. Don't let Matt fool you, he was the one to wake me up! His parents gave him a GPS unit that he was supper excited about, and I gave him a CTR ring and a kindle. He was supper stoked!

He got me some movies, long sleeved shirts, two hoodies, a nice coat with fur trim, snow pants, a wool jacket, scarf, and a hand knit hat. I'm sure he got me other things but those are the main points. Matt loves to go snowshoeing and yurting in the winter. When we had started dating he had made me a promise that he would always keep me warm. I think he is off to an amazing start. He said he got me the coat cause he has plans of getting my other one all smoky from camping and wanted me to have something nice to wear out on the town.

The day was spent at a good friend's house. Kay and Craig Alldridge. They made us a nice home cooked meal of ham, turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole....etc. We only left there to sneak to Blackfoot to pick up Mom and Dad's table. Then the real work began....

We spent the next day sanding the thing down to refinish it. It took forever and the legs were the worst! In the end we did get one coat of finish on all of the table. The color is simply amazing! It is lighter then what they had but not so light as to match all the other wood in the kitchen. Matt did an excellent job of picking out the color.

The only other thing that happened to me at the end of 2011 was me wrecking my car. I was going up an overpass and a car moved out of my lane and BAM there was a jeep in the middle of my lane stopped...I had no choice but to try to go around him. The only option was to the right. I ended up on the curb, hitting the guardrail and him. :-( The damage is mostly body work. I need two new rims, a bumper, and the drivers side needs to be....well replaced. Est on the repair is over 7k. So now I am waiting on word from the insurance company on if they will total it or fix it. There are pros and cons either way they go.

The wreck scared me more then anything. I got a little banged up, my back muscles hurt a little. But over all I am very lucky to have walked away. Matt was so good too. He came when I called. He showed up and called the tow truck, got my car to a body shop, got me home and calmed down too, then he went back to work. I really do have the best boyfriend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment