background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

How Manny Does it Take?

While there were many funny events this week the funniest seemed to happen today. And as two amusing things happened today I will relate both of them.

The first was funny in a “did that just happen?” kind of way. Katie and I went out to dinner at Wingers. This is our preferred dinner joint, and we have always had a good experience. However, tonight seemed to be a night in a whole different class.

We enter the restaurant as the hostess was taking a couple to their seat. She had seen us and even talked to us, it appeared she had even forgotten us that quickly. Five min later a waitress comes along and asks if we had been assisted. When told no, she lead us to our seat and informed us that she would be our waitress. After perusing the menu I decide on what I want, if they had as their menu had changed. Waitress comes back and after finding out that they do not have what I had wanted, I let the waitress know that it will take me another moment. Does the waitress leave to give me a moment? Nope, she hovers over us like two errant school children.

Not to worry as this will the last time we see this waitress. It would be another girl that would bring us our dinner, and another girl that in passing stopped to ask us how things were (a passing so quick she didn't wait for an answer), and it was at this point that 10 min after our meal was complete that we ask yet again another girl for our check. You'd think that we would have seen every girl in the place and, indeed, we must have as it was a man that actually brought out ticket 5 min later. Eventually, we were able to leave the place. Don't know when we will go back....maybe when the higher a bunch of new girls – would like to meet them. I also didn't feel bad for not tipping as no one did a complete job of serving.

The second funny happened after dinner and in my apartment. As this post is already longer then the norm and as it is a funny that you had to be there for, I will try to make the recounting brief. My toilet handle broke. My thought is that at least is wasn't the chain. As it is broken now I can hang it on the top of the tank. Now I did warn my mother of this so how the handle ended up in the bottom of the tank I will never know. She then wanted to know if I had anything to fish it out with. My reply was that why yes I did, her hand. Now, I don't know why my mom didn't find this funny.....

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, it's a good thing you are my daughter! I love you anyway! You left out the part that I had hooked the thing on the side like you had told me to do but I guess the tank top was not against it and the current carried it downstream. lol

    ReplyDelete