Yep, if I could only use one word to describe my job that would be it. Well technically I'd describe my job as insane and and my day as insanity. Don't know why I'm making the distinction but there you have it.
So day they decided that the 500+ call backs that were scheduled for the day were to be done by the call back team only. Say what? So out of the 200+ employees there today, only 6 people would be doing all the scheduled call backs and all the same day followups....how does this make sense? Not to mention that when they decided this, it was already 1:30 and three of the call back team would be leaving in 3 hours.
I went to work and tried to call as many people as I could. The worst part of the day was when I'd go back in to pull more call backs and see that the number of outstanding call backs was still at 200. I'd think to myself, "Didn't I just close like 30?" Talk about hitting your head against a brick wall.
In the end I call 80 some customers today and when I left there were still 176 left (P.S. had I not updated 30 of the call backs for the next day that number would still be at 200--update meaning that I didn't call the customers back as it was after 9 pm their time). Sure doesn't feel like much progress was made.
Ahh but look at it this way, One more day closer to the weekend! Right!
ReplyDelete