So I've been reading in the Bible now for almost a week. I've finished Matthew and just now finished Abraham. I'm somewhere in the middle of Genesis too. I'm still excited and I've been learning/remebering a lot.
I've shared a lot of things I've come across with Matt and we've had some great discussions.
Side note. Yesterday and lady in my wardrobe stood and bore her testimony. In it she talked about all that was lost from the Bible and how when she reads she just reads she doesn't try to ponder or think deeply about what is written. Her attitude was more of, what's the point? We'll never be able to decipher what is there from what has been changed and lost.
I thought this was sad. I have loved my readings. I've learned so much! Granted I have been reading an institute manual along with the Bible. I love modern day revelation. Yes a lot has been changed and lost. But revelation is here and as we read the spirit can impress on us what is still there. Combined with the student manual and the other reference martial Matt has socked away at the house....well you get my point.
This morning as I was reading Abraham I found a scripture I'd been looking for off and on for a couple of years. It is 4:18 and reads: And the Gods watched those things which they had ordered until they obeyed.
Now why do I love this vs? I love the demonstration of patience by God. He waited the time necessary for his commands to be obeyed. If he did that for the night and day to be formed, the land to rise up and be land, the trees to grow... etc, etc, etc then it stands to reason he will be every bit as patient with me.
This is also helpful when I'm feeling frustrated with myself. You know those times when you feel you should be me spiritually strong? It helps to know that I'm trying and working on my part and that God is willing and is giving me the time I need to get to where I'm going.
I hope I can keep up this level of excitement and wonder as I keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment