background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Who is greater

I sit here at the end of my work day and I'm thinking. I was able to read again and I am filled with thoughts. I am in awe at the love of God and His plan....

First I was thinking how there are really three great powers here on Earth. There is God, us and Satan. Now the scriptures tell us that God is the greatest power, that he is perfect. (personal favorites of the day: Deuteronomy 32:4, 1 Sam. 15:29, and Alma 7:20). God being perfect is well and good, but where do I fit?

Am I truely greater than Satan?  I remember reading about the power Satan brought against Moses and how he was afraid; I'm sure I'd have been terrified. What makes us stronger than Satan? The answer is so simple, God. Moses prayed and was given strength and was able to resist Satan. Other places in the scriptures we are told to pray always, and to put on the armor of God.

Another favorite passage today is from Roman's 8:35-39. The question is possed of who shall separate us from the love of God? and the answer is nothing... Still I'm thinking here on my previous question of who is greater us or Satan...I believe that nothing on this earth can separate us from God's love...except ourselves. Now I'm not saying God will cease to love us, rather that we can alienate ourselves to the point where we won't feel that love. We can reject Him. And if we do that then We give Satan power over us, and he becomes a greater force than us. Ultimately it's a choice.

Yep still loving the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment